Registration for our divisional teams (grades 3 to 8) is now open! Our K-2 rookie league will open for registration in a few weeks.
Registration & Account Access Link
- Division 2 for Boys (5th and 6th graders) is already full due to a large number of returning families. You can sign up for the waitlist, and there is a really good chance we will field a few extra teams based on gym availability – we added 4 extra teams last year.
- PANJB is only for families residing in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Los Altos Hills. To look up your NJB chapter, check out this map.
Palo Alto NJB is a 100% volunteer-run organization. Each year we need assistance from a large number of families to make the season a success.
As always we need coaches for all teams. We allow two parents to team-up and coach together if they wish. Coaching will guarantee your child a spot on a team if we have a waitlist and you will receive a $100 refund of your fees at the end of the season for being a head coach, $50 if you are an assistant coach. (co-head coaches receive $75)
We will need volunteers to help us run and set-up our upcoming all-net tryouts (Sept 30, Oct 1, Oct 2) and divisional evaluation sessions (Oct 15,16). These will be 2 hour slots and volunteers will receive a $35 refund. We will be sending out a sign-up sheet as we get closer to those dates.
2) Gym status
Like last year were impacted by the closure of Palo Alto High School gyms as high school athletes shifted to middle school gyms we’ve historically used for weeknight practices. We are still working on our gym situation so don’t know the impact yet on the number of teams we will be able to field. As a result, we will be conservative on the number of kids we register before starting a waitlist. Hopefully we will be able to accommodate most kids who want to play but it’s highly likely some will remain on the waitlist. We would advise to register as soon as possible.
Palo Alto NJB hopes to continue running the programs that it has in the past. These include:
- Rookie League- Kindergarten through 2nd Grade clinics for our youngest boys and girls. Focus is on skill development, team concepts, and having fun! Cost is $320. Sessions run on Saturday and Sunday, December through Feb. This program is subject to us finding adequate gym space.
- Divisional Leagues- Competitive teams are formed based on grade level. There are three divisions: Div 1 (7th/8th grade); Div 2 (5th/6th grade); Div 3 (3rd/4th grade). There are separate divisions for boys and girls. Teams will play against other Palo Alto teams as well as teams from other NJB chapters. There is no tryout for the divisional teams but we will hold evaluation sessions on Oct 15 and 16th in order to help create equal teams. All players who register and attend the assessment will be placed on a team (subject to gym availability — so register early!) Cost $400. Practices begin in November, with games on Sundays Dec through Feb.
- All-Net Teams- The top Palo Alto players in grades 5 through 8 will have the opportunity to represent the Palo Alto chapter in games against top players from other chapters. There will be a tryout on Sept 30th, Oct 1 and Oct 2 for the AllNet teams. Players who do not make an AllNet team will play on a Divisional team. AllNet Cost is the $400 Divisional fee plus a $320 AllNet surcharge. Practices begin in November, with games on Sundays Dec through Feb. To indicate interest in AllNet, register for the relevant division, and answer ‘yes’ to the question on interest in AllNet. After evaluations, we will add the selected players to the AllNet teams and add the surcharge to their accounts for payment.
- High School League- High School players who are NOT playing for their High School team may form their own NJB team to play against other PA and non-PA NJB high school teams. There is no tryout or assessment. Cost $400. Practices begin in November, with games on Sundays Dec through Feb.
4) Registration process
We are using the same registration system as last year so if you were registered you should already have an account set-up in the system to allow you to sign-up for one of the above programs. If you don’t have an account please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Create a new account — the account information you enter is for you, the parent.
- Step 2: (Optional) — add a 2nd parent to the account.
- Step 3: Add a child to the account.
- Step 4: Register the child for a program (K-2 clinic, Divisional/Allnet, High School).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for additional children.
- Step 5: Checkout and pay. We will only be accepting credit card payments. If you do not have a credit card, or need to apply for financial assistance, complete the registration through step 4, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
And finally here is the link to register for this year. https://login.siplay.com/Users/Login?leagueId=94022001
K-2 clinic sign-up will be available in a couple weeks.
5) Key Dates
Here’s a quick summary of key dates:
Sep 12: Registrations open.
Sep 30, Oct 1, Oct 2: All-Net Tryouts
Oct 15,16: Divisional Evaluations (Mandatory for all, including waitlisted players)
Nov: Practices begin
Dec – Feb 2017: Games over the weekends
The Palo Alto NJB Board