Dear Palo Alto basketball families,
We are now accepting registrations for the PANJB K-3 Developmental League for the 2017-2018 season. Click here to register. Please see details below, and sign up as soon as possible—waitlists are likely to form quickly. Feel free to share with your friends.
Please note that players for this year’s K-3 Developmental League will get registration priority for next year’s PANJB 3rd/4th grade D3 leagues, which traditionally fill in a few hours.
10 WEEKS OF INTENSE BASKETBALL FUN AND SKILL-BUILDING
Our new K-3 Developmental League combines skills clinics, scrimmages, and actual league play. Ten weekly sessions, 90 minutes each, will develop the critical skills foundation for our youngest players.
Skills developed will include:
- Basic ball handling: eyes up, both hands, use of guard hand, zig zag
- Footwork: jump stop, pivot, reverse pivot, 1-2 step
- Advanced ball handling: cross-over, hesitation, spin, power dribble
- Shooting: one hand release, backspin, proper footwork and backboard use
- Finishing: layups from both sides, basic Eurostep, reverse
- Passing: proper form, passing in front, eyes up, chest pass, bounce pass
- Defense: on-ball and off-ball defense, stance, slide, turn and run, help side
- Team Offense: Triple threat, 5-out, pass and cut, pass and screen, post pass.
- Rebounding: Proper position, boxing out, closing on the ball
- Game Situations: Players will spend the last 30 minutes of each clinic in game-situation scrimmages.
NEW THIS YEAR: DEVELOPMENTAL LEAGUE GAMES!
We’re excited about a new addition to our K-3 format. In the second half of the season, players will have the opportunity to participate in 3-4 real games in addition to their clinic times. This will expose the kids to actual game environments, including uniforms, referees, scores, substations, timeouts and adoring fans—as they prepare to make the leap to “the league” in a future season.
This year’s K-3 program will be run by Gunn High School Varsity Boys coach, and KOPA founder, Brandynn Williams. Coach Williams has designed a fun, action-packed, developmental-focused program to get our future PANJB stars “game ready.” Brandynn will be joined by assistant coaches, and area high school players, who will also serve as team coaches during the scrimmages and developmental league games.
Sessions will be Saturday mornings and/or midday, starting December 2nd and running through February (Excluding 12/23, 12/30 and 2/17). Final times and locations will be announced in the coming weeks, once we determine how many sessions there will be.
In an attempt to make our clinic as accessible as possible, we are lowering our fees this year to $325. That’s especially exciting since we are adding several league games, plus including a reversible PANJB Rookie jersey that the kids will wear during the clinics and games, and get to keep this year.
At PANJB, we are dedicated to nurturing the love of basketball into the next generation of kids. If you have questions, please email our friendly Parent Liaison volunteers at email@example.com. We hope to see you on the court!
The PANJB Board
P.S. To register, go to https://paloaltonjb.siplay.com/Login .